Highlights: Guest access
• Elegant design and luxurious materials and furnishing
• The perfect apartment for families or two couples traveling together.
• Two fully separated bedrooms with their private en suite bathrooms.
• Grand spaces all over the apartment, including a big American-style living room and entertainment center in the center of the apartment.
• Two balconies. One opens from the living room, the other from the main bedroom.
• Big chef's kitchen. If you feel anything is missing, please don't hesitate to contact us.
• One of the bedrooms has a unique and intimate en suite with a bathtub only separated by a glass wall from the rest of the room
• The second bedroom has its reading corner and also an en suite with two sinks
• A separate third guest toilet opening from the hall
• Excellent location in the middle of the city and the best part of the Old Jewish Quarter and Ruin Bar District, just steps from the Dohany Street Synagogue (see the bottom of the listing's page for a detailed description of the neighborhood)
The apartment is all yours, make yourself at home!Additional notes
Please note that a short term lease contract needs to be signed before or upon arrival.Guest interaction
We are available all throughout your stay, please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance or have any questions or requests. The best way to reach us is through Airbnb, we answer very quickly. Please only use our 24/7 phone number in case of an emergency.Neighborhood overview
The area is probably the most interesting one in Budapest. It is the Old Jewish Quarter, but at the same time, it is also currently the hippest neighborhood of Budapest with the Worldwide renowned ruin bars. The area is also in the absolute center, so all tourist highlights are within walking distance while the rest are easily accessible by public transport. It is home to many Synagogues, including the World famous Dohany Street Synagogue, Europe's biggest or the Kazinczy Orthodox Shul, or the currently not operating but very beautiful Rumbach Street Synagogue. You also find many establishments related to traditional Jewish life: kosher restaurants, butchers, grocery stores, and the traditional Jewish bath, the mikveh.Getting around
As for the hip part: the well-known Ruin Bars, such as Szimpla Kert (voted the 2nd best bar in the World by Lonely Planet), and many hot spots such as the Instant and the Fogashaz or the famous Gozsdu Courtyard are in the area, steps away.
It's not rare to see Orthodox Jews in traditional garments hustling to the Synagogue, mingling on the street with Brit bachelor party guys looking for the next ruin bar.
Further exploring the area, you can find many of the best restaurants, bars, cafes, and stores Budapest offers.
You are also in the perfect spot to explore all the tourist attractions of Budapest, including the followings (but this list is very far from being complete):
Dohany Street Grand Synagogue - 1-minute walk
Rumbach Street Status Quo Synagogue - 2 minutes walk
Karoly (Charles) Avenue - 2-minute walk
Kazinczy Street dssadaswdOrthodox Synagogue - 3-minute walk
Erzsebet/Elisabeth and Deak square - 3-minute walk
Astoria - 2 minutes
Andrassy Avenue - 5-minute walk
Grand Boulevard - 5-minute walk
Opera House - 7-minute walk
Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Road - 5 minutes walk
Octagon - 10-minute walk
Deak Square Evangelical Church - 3-minute walk
National Museum - 8 minutes walk
St. Stephen Basilica - 10 minutes walk
Music Academy - 5-minute walk
Chain Bridge and Szechenyi Square (including the Hungarian Science Academy and other renowned buildings) - 10-minute walk
Nagymezo street - 5-minute walk
Parliament - 15 minutes walk
Buda Castle District (Buda Castle, St. Mathias Church, Fisherman's Bastion, Medieval Buda Synagogue) - 20 minutes walk or 10 minutes taking a bus from Elisabeth Square
Heroes Square and the City Park (with the Szechenyi Thermal Bath, Zoo, and Circus) are about 15 minutes, taking Metro 1 from Deak Square.
Rudas and Gellert Thermal Bath are 10 and 15 minutes, respectively, taking a bus that has a stop 5 minutes from the apartment.
The apartment is close to a major public transportation hub in Budapest, including stops to all three metro lines. It is also close to stops for many bus lines. You can get very quickly to even those few sights and interesting places that are not in the center.